Effective as of January 1, 2020
Last updated August 14, 2020
If you have a consumer financial product or service with us, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our U.S. Consumer Privacy Notice, which offers you certain choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
Collecting and Using Information
Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Online
We may collect PersonallyIdentifiable Information from you through your use of the Site and Services. “Personally Identifiable Information” is individually identifiable information about an individual consumer that we collect online and that we maintain in an accessible form. We collect the following types of Personally Identifiable Information:
- Information You Provide
We may collect the following Personally Identifiable Information that you voluntarily provide to us:
- Get a Quote. If you click on the “Apply Now” link for one of our financial products, such as a loan, we will collect your first and last name, email address, and telephone number. We will also collect other information such as your estimated credit range and your anticipated purpose for the loan.
- Apply for a Loan. If after receiving a quote you proceed to apply for a loan, we will collect additional information to get you prequalified, including your social security number and postal address.
- Email. If you send us an email, we will collect your email address and any other Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide in your email.
- Information as you Navigate our Site
We automatically collect certain Personally Identifiable Information through your use of the Site and Services, such as the following:
- Usage Information. We collect information, such as which of the pages on the Site you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Device Information. We collect information about the device your are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, and browser.
- Mobile Device Information. In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access our Site via a browser on your mobile device, we collect and aggregate information about whether you are accessing the Site via a mobile device or tablet, device type, and carrier.
- Location Information. We collect location information from Site visitors on a city-regional basis.
- Third Party Information
How We Use Your Personally Identifiable Information
We use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to provide the Services to you, improve our Site and Services, and to protect our legal rights. In addition, we may use the Personally Identifiable Information we collect to:
- Provide our Services to you, including verifying your eligibility for our products;
- Update you on the processing of your loan;
- Communicate with you about our Site or Services or to inform you of any changes to our Site or Services;
- Provide support;
- Maintain and improve our Site and Services;
- Defend our legal rights and the rights of others;
- Efficiently maintain our business; and
- Comply with applicable law.
How We Share Your Personally Identifiable Information
We may share the information that we collect about you in the following ways:
- With service providers who perform data and Site-related services on our behalf (e.g., email, hosting, maintenance, backup, analysis, etc.) and with service providers who will verify your eligibility for your products. Any such service providers will be under an obligation to us to maintain the confidentiality of your Personally Identifiable Information;
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention;
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that Personally Identifiable Information;
- To any other person or entity as part of any business or asset sale; and
- To any other person or entity where you consent to disclosure.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Log if you visit the Site because you clicked on a link on a different website;
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns; and
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions to resolve issues and offer better site experiences and tools in the future.
How You Can Opt-Out of Cookies
- Browser Settings
Cookies can be blocked by changing your internet browser settings to refuse all or some Cookies. If you choose to block all Cookies (including essential Cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Site.
- Advertising Industry Resources
You can understand which entities have currently enabled Cookies for your browser or mobile device and how to opt-out of some of those Cookies by accessing the Network Advertising Initiative’s website or the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website. For more information on mobile specific opt-out choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s Mobile Choices website.
Please note that these opt-out mechanics are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised. Therefore, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
“Do Not Track” Signals
Some internet browsers incorporate a “Do Not Track” feature that signals to websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked. Given that there is not a uniform way that browsers communicate the “Do Not Track” signal, the Site does not currently interpret, respond to or alter its practices when it receives “Do Not Track” signals.
Choices About Your Personally Identifiable Information
We maintain commercially reasonable security measures to protect the Personally Identifiable Information we collect and store from loss, misuse, destruction, or unauthorized access. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Third Party Links
The Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13 years of age.
How to Contact Us
To contact us for questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices please contact us at:
Compliance Manager, Flat Branch Home Loans
101 S. Fifth Street, Suite 200
Columbia, MO 65201